Methodist Renaissance Health Clinic, Omaha, Nebraska, Family Nurse Practitioner 1998- 2013
Provided health care for under insured, under served, and culturally diverse clients
- Participated in episodic, acute, and chronic care, family planning, adult
and adolescent health.
- Assisted in coordination of clinic operations, managing budget, and coordinating
with other departments at Methodist Hospital for services, equipment and supplies.
- Preceptor for student nurse practitioners.
- Mentored and trained Registered Nursing students for prospective Nurse
- Grant writing for HIV testing and Family Planning reimbursement.
- Chaired Omaha Area Continuum of Care for the Homeless Medical Task force
until 2010, working to improve the network of resources.
Methodist Work Comp Partners, Omaha, Nebraska, Case Manager 1996 - 1998
- Case Manager for employee workers compensation injuries for various companies/organizations.
- Coordinated services to insure quality cost effective care, and appropriate
timely return to work.
- Collaborated with physical therapist for back wellness classes.
- Participated in fall flu shot campaign(s) for clients.
Methodist Hospital, Staff Nurse Coronary Care and Cardiovascular Intensive Care 1989-1996
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented care for patients with coronary artery
and vascular diseases including patient and family education.
- Participated as preceptor for new employees.
- Acting Staffing Coordinator for Critical, Intermediate, and Post-OP Cardiovascular
Care areas, coordinating staffing and patient assignments
Methodist Hospital, Quality Assurance Committee chairperson for OR Unit 1987
Methodist Hospital OR Staff Nurse 1976 - 1989
- Circulated and scrubbed in many areas of the OR.
- Homodynamic and EKG monitoring of sedated patients for cardiac catheterizations
- Central and arterial pressure and cardiac output data collection for above
- Hospital Research Committee, promoting nursing research and reviewed current
research done at this hospital.
Methodist Hospital, Orthopedics and Medical-Surgical Staff Nurse and Team Lead 1973 - 1976
- Planned and implemented care for orthopedic and medical-surgical patients.
Professional Membership and Achievement
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Nebraska Nurse Practitioner Organization
- Carolyn Scott Spirit of Excellence Award
- AACN Certification in Critical Care
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- ACLS Instructor
- American Nurses Association
- Nebraska Nurses Association
- Association of Operation Room Nurses
- Volunteer for Public Health Department Flu shot campaign
- Omaha Area Continuum of Care for the Homeless Medical Task Force
- American Society Breast Cancer Awareness Committee
- Nebraska HIV Consortium Committee
- Participation in yearly health fairs for the under served